Don’t you always have scrap dough left over when making a pie? I do. I hate throwing anything away, so I’ll put it in the fridge, only to forget about it and have to throw it away later. Don’t do that either. Make a scrap pie!
- Just set aside some extra fruit to use as a pie filling. When you’re done with your other pies, combine all your scraps and roll them out.
- Mix your fruit filling (I like to do something a little different with it then the other pies so it is more special) and place in the center of the dough.
- Fold the dough up and around the pie filling to form a little rustic tartlet.
- Brush with egg. milk, oil, or whatever you use and drizzle with sugar.
- Throw that bad boy into the oven with your other pies.
Bam! A delicious little treat. Kids love them!